International Student Program
Nestled just outside Nashville, Battle Ground Academy is located in Franklin, Tenn., which was recently recognized by The New York Times as a “small town gem.” Franklin is a friendly, All-American city known for its Southern charm, safeness, and booming economy, and it’s located 15 miles from Nashville International Airport, one of the fastest growing airports in North America with nearly 18.3 million passengers annually.
Aside from its premier location, Battle Ground Academy offers small class sizes, individualized attention, and challenging academics well suited for producing successful graduates, whether they’re from down the street or across an ocean.
97 percent of our Class of 2021 graduates were accepted to at least one of their top three college choices, including top institutions such as Columbia University, Cornell University, Vanderbilt University, and University of Southern California.
International Student Admissions Process
- Complete an application form and mail to:
Battle Ground Academy, Attn: Admissions, 336 Ermest Rice Lane, Franklin, TN 37069. Please include the application fee of $50.
- Provide two teacher recommendations translated into English (preferably written by your math and English teachers). Please download the recommendation form by using the link at the right.
- Submit transcripts translated into English.
- Submit your TOEFL score (80 or more preferred).
- Schedule a Skype or We Chat interview by contacting Leigh Lambert, Director of International Students.
International Students are Required to:
- Provide a copy of your passport.
- Complete a physical once you've arrived in Franklin, Tennessee.
- Transfer your immunizations to a Tennessee Immunization Record.
- Provide proof of health insurance.
- Schedule a family interview for your host family if you already have a host family in place and are outside of our New Oasis program. Please contact Leigh Lambert, Director of International Students, to schedule your family interview.
- Pay a $4,000 International Student Fee.
If you are interested in living with a host family during your studies in the United States, please contact our host family placement agency and partner, New Oasis at www.newoasisedu.com.
BGA New Oasis Student Coordinator
International Support Services
- Academic and social transition support
- Academic support and guidance
- College guidance
- English and writing support
- Official liaison to work with faculty and student