Battle Ground Academy is committed to providing a robust, on-campus educational experience while also providing for the health and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff, and families alike.
2021-22 Healthy Operating Levels
BGA developed a leveled approach to its strategies to reduce the risk of COVID-19 infection for the 2020-21 school year, and we will enter the 2021-22 school year with a similar four-level approach. The school is aware that information and data concerning COVID-19 are constantly changing, and we will continue to monitor conditions and recommendations and make adjustments accordingly.
2021-22 Exposure Protocols
Provided below is an outline of the school’s response to COVID-19 exposure. It is important to note that the CDC has a clear definition of close contact exposure to inform our policy. The current definition of an exposure to COVID-19 from the CDC is: an individual who has had close contact (<6 feet) for ( ≳ 15 minutes) with:
- A person with COVID-19 symptoms (in the period two days before symptom onset until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation; can be laboratory confirmed or clinically compatible illness)
- A person who has tested positive for COVID-19 (laboratory confirmed) but has not had any symptoms (in the two days before the date of specimen collection until they meet criteria for discontinuing home isolation.)
Please note, there may be instances where BGA students or employees may be asked by the school to get tested due to possible exposure during the year. There may also be instances where the school does not require a test. Parents and employees are welcome to secure COVID-19 testing outside of the requirements of the school in this scenario.
If a BGA student or employee has been exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive, develops symptoms consistent with COVID-19, or tests positive for COVID-19, all household members who are actively involved with the BGA community will be asked to abide by the appropriate protocol outlined below.
- A student or employee is presenting with symptoms.
- A BGA student or employee has been exposed to someone who is COVID-19 positive.
- A BGA student or employee develops symptoms that are associated with COVID-19 while on campus.
- Protocol for isolation and return to school for cases and close contact (exposure)
- Communication of exposure to families