Mission & Values
Our mission: To ignite and nurture student curiosity, intellect, and character.
We believe in the transformative power of independent education, and it is our highest aspiration to nurture the intellectual, creative, physical, and moral growth of students while challenging them to explore their individual potentials. Every BGA graduate is unique but carries an indelible experience that equips them not only for success in college, but also for living with integrity, courage, and compassion.
For 135 years, Battle Ground Academy has held strong to “Character. Scholarship. Excellence.” as it has pursued its mission to ignite and nurture student curiosity, intellect, and character. They’re the ideals that inspire our faculty, staff, and students daily, still.
- We are an inclusive and welcoming community that cares for the well-being of others.
- We live lives of integrity and nobility as expressed in the BGA Way.
- We believe in moral development and spiritual engagement.
The BGA Way is our approach to character education and based on respect, compassion, accountability, and resilience.
- We value innovation and creativity in teaching and learning.
- We inspire in students the love of learning and intellectual curiosity.
- We are dedicated to each individual student’s success and growth.
Ninety-eight percent of our Class of 2023 graduates were accepted to at least one of their top three college choices.
- We pursue every worthwhile endeavor with passion.
- We celebrate service to others more than our own individual successes.
- We strive continually to become the best version of ourselves.
Our students complete more than 17,000 community service hours annually.